Friday, February 16, 2007

From Salvador to Rio

It's been a while, but how can I apologise for spending my time doing the samba or lying in a hammock?
Salvador was a hot and sweaty place to be for 10 days, and I took the opportunity to do dance and Portuguese lessons. Mais fallo poco portugues! Evenings going to parties, following the band through the streets and dancing away will be highlights of my time there.
Now I'm in Rio, which is gearing up for carnaval celebrations starting tonight. I have bought some costumes (how exciting!) to wear along with Shannon and Nina, Melbourne friends. Nina is living here so thankfully we can get away from hanging out with the hostel crowd (the type that doesn't go out anywhere apart from the hostel bar, "ya' know wat I mean?").
Love Dianne

No comments: